- Wyoming Blockchain Bill Proposes Issuance of Tokenized Stock CertificatesLawmakers from the U.S. state of Wyoming have introduced legislation proposing the issuance of tokenized stock certificates using blockchain tech. ... read more49 mins ago
- OKEx Launches Tron (TRX) Perpetual Swaps and Increases Leverage on those of Ethereum (ETH) and EOSThe Malta based cryptocurrency exchange of OKEx wishes to let its users know that it has launched Perpetual Swap Contracts for the popular digital asset of Tron (TRX). Trading of the new product will be available on OKEx.com and the OKEx mobile application. More on the TRX Perpetual Swap The exchange went on to explain that each contract will have a face value of $10 and leverage will be capped at 20x. The new TRX perpetual swap offers a contract face value of USD10, and the minimum price interval is set at USD0.00001. The perpetual swap features a leverage of 1-20x. The TRX perpetual swap contracts will be settled and funded every 12 hours at 3am and 3pm daily, UTC + 1. The funding rate will be calculated using the following formula which is constructed from the weighted average of the market prices on OKEx, Binace and Huobi. Funding rate = Clamp (MA ((contracts best buy price + contracts best sell price) / 2-spot index price / spot index price – interest), -0.2%, 0.2%) The exchange also notified its users that they will keep introducing perpetual swap contracts for other prominent digital assets with time. Increment ... read more52 mins ago
- Russia Plans to Invest Big in Bitcoin in Bid to Replace USDIn the latest turn of events, Russia is reportedly thinking of replacing the US Dollar with famous cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, as its reserve currency to minimize adversity of the US sanctions imposed on it. Vladislav Ginko, a Russian economist, has stated that Russia is planning to invest over $10 billion in Bitcoins, and converting USD reserves to the cryptocurrency could start as early as February this year. The US Congress imposed sanctions on the country on the basis of a report by intelligence agencies which stated that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential elections. These sanctions have motivated the Russian government to adopt Bitcoin as their reserve currency to minimize the setbacks it is bound to face. Ginko has also stated that this move by his country could soon inspire other countries to follow suit and that the time to replace USD has come. It is also expected that Russia is building its intermediary cryptocurrency to trade for bitcoin. According to experts, cryptocurrency related activities considerably contribute over 8% of Russia’s GDP. Reports suggest that Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, is unhappy about the sanctions, and has been finding a way to de-dollarize his country. He is also said to have ... read more55 mins ago
- Binance’s new fiat-to-crypto exchange is “overwhelmed with registrations”Yesterday brought the launch of Binance’s new fiat-to-crypto exchange, allowing EU customers to trade their GBP or Euro fiat, for Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH). Just one day after the launch and the exchange is already inundated with registration requests.
GBP and EURO should be a big deal, right? https://t.co/d15yZS2uRl — CZ Binance (@cz_binance) January 16, 2019 The exchange even put on a promotion, incetivizing the first 5000 users with 20EUR upon sign up. Something which undoubtedly led to the abundance of registrations, now apparently creating a backlog:
https://t.co/THxfdd3RD2 is overwhelmed with registrations. There is a backlog of KYC verifications already. More resources are allocated to reduce it. In the mean time, we appreciate your understanding and patience. The registration prize is FIFO based, no worries. Just crazy! — CZ Binance (@cz_binance) January 17, 2019 Engagement on this level spells good news for the industry, with new users spilling in and getting involved. On ramps and off ramps such as this new exchange are a vital way to encourage new investors and further usability; leaving the market open to adoption from a less niche demographic. Many of crypto twitter shared their ... read more56 mins ago
- The 10 largest Bitcoin whale movements in history: from 66K to 500K (!) BTCLooking at the history of Bitcoin, nothing is more intriguing and exciting than large movements of Bitcoin Whales. These are the 10 largest whale movements in the history of Bitcoin. There is just something fascinating about whales moving millions of dollars over the blockchain in a thirty minute period with minimal transaction fees. Bitcoin transactions continue to grow in size due to exchanges becoming bigger, and more money flowing into the market. In this article, we look at some of the biggest transactions of whales in the Bitcoin history. While it has become a more common occurrence for whales to move thousands of BTC at a time, we have done our best to locate the 10 largest BTC transactions on the blockchain. The list is based on BTC size, not USD size. We have decided to leave cryptocurrency exchange hacks out of this list but saved these for a special mention at the end Read more: What are Bitcoin whales and do they really control the market? 10. 66,233 BTC - 3 Dec 2018 Coming in at number 10, is a transaction in December 2018 for 66,233 BTC, totaling $257M at the time of writing. The interesting thing about this transaction is that ... read more1 hour ago
- Binance Opens Fiat-to-Crypto Outpost to Target the UK and EuropeBinance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by adjusted trading volume, has taken another big step in its growth by launching a new fiat-to-crypto exchange. The exchange was opened on the self-governing island of Jersey, acting as the exchange’s first fiat-to-crypto outpost, with a focus on serving the UK and Europe. The exchange is targeting traders in this area allowing them to trade bitcoin and ether against the British Pound and the Euro. The new exchange is being classified as its own entity, while still falling under the parent umbrella of Binance.
You asked for it, we listened. AND worked hard in the background for all this time!#BUIDL baby #BUIDL https://t.co/YyOx36Oi3G — CZ Binance (@cz_binance) January 16, 2019 It is a significant step for the major exchange, which in less than two short years has grown explosively to top the tree of crypto exchanges. It has virtually dominated the crypto-to-crypto market by having the highest trading volume and now intends to expand into fiat-to-crypto trading. Binance’s Impressive History The number of cryptocurrency-related businesses have flourished since the boom of 2017. But, what is rare to see is one of these businesses maintaining 2017-like growth. Binance appears ... read more1 hour ago
- Binance Coin Shows A Bit Hike, Binance To Launch A New Fiat Exchange in JerseyAccording to market cap, the crypto Bitcoin controls above $3,600 support. Moreover, it hits an intranet high worth around $3,685 prior to pulling off, as the present third of a percent from the day. For bitcoin, last week shows over $4,000, however, due to the big dump, it continues to remain constant, fusing in this strict range for now. For Ethereum, there is yet no movement which seems to lull around $120. This figure is exactly where this crypto was yesterday at the same time. Ripple XRP drop a little slowing the market cap gap from second to the third places around $600 million. Currently, the top ten cryptocurrency seems entirely flat along with no altcoins showing massive fluctuations more than a percent in any of their direction. On the other hand, EOS seems the only token which is showing a green signal. However, profits seem negligible and the last to talk about is Bitcoin Cash which is falling the most as usual. The Other Coin Market Condition Meanwhile, these are a group of coins in the top twenty that are playing their moves. However, profits shown are only around 3% or so. Some familiar names like Binance Coin, Cardano, ... read more1 hour ago
- Europe Ready For Crypto? New ‘Binance Jersey’ Records Massive User RegistrationStraight out the door, Binance Jersey, a Europe and UK-focused subsidiary of global cryptocurrency exchange Binance has reported an influx of user registrations just 24 hours after it started operations. Binance Jersey was launched on 16th January 2019 with the objective of giving European residents access to a platform that supports trading of the Euro (EUR) and British Pound (GBP) with Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH). However, it seems a lot of people had longed for the existence of such a platform with Binance CEO, Chapeng Zhao reporting on Thursday that Binance.jr is overwhelmed with registrations.
https://t.co/THxfdd3RD2 is overwhelmed with registrations. There is a backlog of KYC verifications already. More resources are allocated to reduce it. In the mean time, we appreciate your understanding and patience. The registration prize is FIFO based, no worries. Just crazy! — CZ Binance (@cz_binance) January 17, 2019 Binance Jersey promised to reward its first 5000 registered users with EUR 20, so this may likely have contributed to the surge in the number of registrations. Or perhaps it is just evidence that there is demand for more fiat-crypto exchange services in the European market. As the largest crypto exchange by trading volume, ... read more1 hour ago
- Binance Launches New Fiat-To-Crypto Exchange, Targeting EU, And UK TradersBinance jumped in the spotlight recently after Binance officials declared they had frozen the funds transferred to the exchange by suspected hackers earlier. After Binance’s CEO was notified on Twitter, the cryptocurrency expert immediately took action, saying he does not know why the attackers keep on sending the stolen fund to Binance. He said: “Just checked, we were able to freeze some of the funds. I don’t understand why the hackers keep sending to Binance. Social media will be pretty fast to report it, and we will freeze it. It’s a high-risk maneuver for them.” Binance launched new fiat-to-crypto exchange Now, Binance just launched a new fiat-to-crypto exchange in Jersey, a British self-governing dependency. The new exchange targets traders in Europe and the UK. Users of the fiat-to-crypto exchange will have the opportunity to trade BTC and ETH against the British pound and the Euro, according to the platform. “Binance selected Jersey for its highly developed digital infrastructure, robust regulatory framework, and world-class financial services sector,” the exchange’s chief financial officer, Wei Zhou, told CoinDesk. Aiming to have 40 jobs on the island He also made sure to highlight that Binance Jersey is an independent firm from the parent platform, but it’s definitely using ... read more1 hour ago
- The 2nd annual conference of Block Hedge Business 2019 at Bangkok is set to create ripples in the blockchain worldAfter putting together, a series of successful blockchain conferences, Block Hedge is all set to unite leading stakeholders in the crypto sphere at Bangkok, Thailand. Thailand, as we know is one of the most prominent blockchain and cryptocurrency centers on account of its favorable business environment, regulations and tax rates. It is home to few of the most prominent crypto powerhouses, which is why it has been attracting the sizeable attention of all those involved in the field. In light of its business-friendly environment, blockchain entrepreneurs, key industry individuals, businessmen, top government officials and blockchain enthusiasts have been valuing the region to expand their blockchain technology led business. To amplify the manifestation possibilities of their growth aspiration, Block-Hedge has been carefully designed as the perfect avenue to bring all together for an insightful day-long event on 29th March 2019, Bangkok. The conference is scheduled to take place at Grand Hyatt, with an agenda that is going to be bundled with meaningful takeaway for all those who attend. The guiding philosophy behind the event is to discover the future and amplify the growth of the most powerful and disruptive technology in the present time. The entire focus of the spectrum of talks ... read more1 hour ago
- Bitcoin SV to prioritize scaling and security: nChain’s Steve ShaddersBitcoin SV, the two-month-old cryptocurrency is looking to scalability as their prime focus for the future, as confirmed by Steve Shadders, the Technical Director of nChain, a BSV proponent. Shadders shared the same in the Bitstocks Crypto Podcast with David Arakelian, the CTO of Bitstocks, a London-based virtual currency advisory firm and an ardent supporter of Bitcoin SV. The 4 pillars or the 4 S’ of the Bitcoin SV project are imperative to their existence and their future dominance, which Shadders spelled out as, scaling, security, secure-instant-transaction, and stability. The nChain director stressed that increasing stability allows nChain to focus less on irrelevant protocol changes and prioritizing on the scaling aspect. Shadders stated: “The scaling work is probably part of the reason why the Bitcoin SV project came into existence. We were somewhat frustrated with the pace of work that was going on.” Security is also on the agenda for nChain, where every piece of code will go through its own specific checks to ensure it can be pushed to the public. Programs like a bug bounty will also be pushed to allow the public to find any defects, one finding these bugs, the development team will alter the process ... read more1 hour ago
- Trezor Teams Up with Gray International to Release Corazon: A ‘Luxury’ Cryptocurrency WalletTrezor, in association with Singapore-based design brand Gray International, has released a luxury hardware cryptocurrency wallet, named ‘Corazon’. ... read more2 hours ago
- Will stablecoins and security tokens lead crypto innovation?With the start of the new year, conversations surrounding the next wave of crypto innovation have begun with discussions focusing on trends the industry is likely to thrive upon, and which will fade into obscurity.2018 was undoubtedly the year of the stablecoin with multiple iterations being devised and created. Now we have a plethora of choice as to which fiat-backed and (relatively) stable cryptocurrencies to store our, more volatile crypto in. Similarly, as of late security tokens, or at least talk of security tokens, have taken the limelight they carry all the benefit of a cryptocurrency with none of regulatory uncertainty. They are deemed more secure and legitimate for this standardized regulation, meaning that far more participation from traditional wall street investors is likely. It's perhaps understandable then, that a few propagators of the cryptocurrency industry have called both of these emerging technologies potential catalysts for the space. In a recent interview with The Cointelegraph Luzius Meisser., a board member of the Bitcoin Association Switzerland, offered these two innovations as key proponents of the industry. Meisser noted that security tokens are likely to be picked up by investors who want more tangible protection, instead of simply relying on an ICO to ... read more2 hours ago
- All Eyes on Tron’s (TRX) 2 Day NiTRON Summit in San Francisco that Starts TodayJust hours ago, the Tron (TRX) Foundation took to twitter to let the crypto community know that the NiTRON Summit will begin in less than 13 hours. The event is scheduled to begin today, the 17th of January, and end tomorrow the 18th. The full tweet by the Tron Foundation can be found below.
13 hours until the doors open at #niTROn2019!!! What are you most excited about? pic.twitter.com/gAImnYy8dD — TRON Foundation (@Tronfoundation) January 17, 2019 The event will be at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts at 700 Howard Street, San Francisco. The event plans to bring together diverse guest speakers, blockchain developers, crypto enthusiasts and more. The summit will provide an opportunity for them to share ideas and better understand the blockchain industry. NiTRON is also meant to create new opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors who will be attending the event. Kobe Bryant as a Special Guest at NiTRON Legendary basketball player, Kobe Bryant, will be a special guest speaker at NiTRON. Mr. Bryant will share his life experiences, insights and vision on entrepreneurship at the summit. He hopes to inspire young leaders and entrepreneurs. He shared the following words about this ... read more2 hours ago
- TRON perpetual swap trading opens on OKEx platformTRON perpetual swap trading opens on OKEx platform TRON, the ninth largest coin on the cryptocurrency list that it is open for perpetual swap trading on OKEx. TRON is quite busy with its activities as the coin was recently opened for marginal trading on OKEx platform. The exchange shared the news with the users stating, “We have launched the Tron (TRX) perpetual swap at 10:30am Jan 16, 2019 (CET, UTC+1).” Not just OKEx, Coingate – a popular payment gateway rather than a crypto exchange – has also listed the coin and TRX payments for merchants. “By facilitating payments between TRX shoppers and online vendors, we aim to become a significant part of the TRON ecosystem and contribute to further growth of the community,” according to company’s blog. Recently, ABCC exchange, also announced the partnership with the TRON – the first exchange to list TRC-10 tokens. Justin Sun shared the news about the partnership and wrote, “ABCC Exchange is truly an awesome platform that has witnessed great development. We are glad to partner with #ABCC as it’s the first exchange listing #TRX10 tokens. #TRON #TRX $TRX.” ABCC is an exchange which is aiming to provide the top trading experience with Basic ... read more2 hours ago
- Barclays and Clearmatics Call on Coders to Help Blockchains Talk to Each OtherU.K. bank Barclays and startup Clearmatics will hold a hackathon next month to spur ideas for blockchain interoperability. ... read more2 hours ago
- Thailand Stock Exchange Applies for Digital License for Crypto TradingThailand is rapidly becoming one of the most crypto friendly nations in Southeast Asia despite still being in the grips of a military dictatorship. The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) has plans to apply for a digital license which will enable it to operate a cryptocurrency exchange. Thai Bourse Eyes Crypto The SET is keen to get on the growing trend of digital asset trading which is extremely popular in the region. According to Pattera Dilokrungthirapop, the chairwoman of the Association of Securities Companies and vice-chairwoman of the SET’s board of governors, the bourse plans to apply to become brokers and dealers for digital asset trading. If the application is successfully Thailand’s stock exchange will become one of the first in the world to setup a separate crypto exchange according to the Bangkok Post. It is already a step ahead of other exchanges in the Kingdom as it has large capital and long established trust among investors. The Finance Ministry is the authority for digital license issuance in the country while the SEC is the primary regulator. The SET is not alone as the number of firms with an interest in setting up digital asset operations is growing. “Securities firms ... read more2 hours ago
- BitGo Partners With Genesis Global Trading to Offer Users More Liquidity and SecurityBitGo Inc., a California-based blockchain security company has announced its partnership with Genesis Global Trading, a digital currency group company that offers clients over the counter (OTC) cryptocurrency trading to enable its customers to trade cryptoassets without having to move their funds out of cold storage or handling their private keys, according to a press release on January 16, 2019....Read More. The post by Ogwu Osaemezu Emmanuel appeared first on BTCManager, Bitcoin, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency News ... read more2 hours ago
- Bitcoin to lose dominance in next bull run, and $3700 incoming?Chepicap's David Borman discusses price action on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano and Binance Coin, then focuses on the history of Bitcoin's market dominance and where it may head in the next bull run. ... read more2 hours ago
- Binance Sets Foot in European Markets with Fiat-to-Crypto Exchange in JerseyAs crypto space has entered in 2019, all major crypto exchanges have started mulling new strategies for improvement. This time it is the largest crypto exchange in the world, Binance, which has announced that it is expanding to European markets. Binance has unveiled through a press release that it has introduced a new fiat-to-crypto exchange on the island of Jersey, a British self-governing dependency situated between England and France. With the exchange’s entry into the region, the U.K users can trade bitcoin and ethereum against the British pound and the euro. The exchange firm is targeting traders in Europe and the U.K, according to Binance. Binance Jersey, the newly designed trading platform by Binance, will provide Trading of pairs which include ETH/GBP, BTC/EUR, BTC/GBP and ETH/EUR. The trading will be available after account verification in line with the Know Your Customer (KYC) process. Binance emphasized that getting into the European markets could bring “freedom from looming Brexit uncertainty where the pound and euro are also in concern.” Also, the Chief Financial Officer at Binance Wei Zhou said, “Binance selected Jersey for its highly developed digital infrastructure, robust regulatory framework, and world-class financial services sector.” According to Zhou, Binance Jersey is ... read more2 hours ago
- Trust wallet gets more exciting with its latest support to DashTrust wallet gets more exciting with its latest support to Dash It is starkly visible to all that Trust Wallet is here to stay and make a difference with Dash being the latest addition to its list of supporting digital assets. Announced today, Trust wallet is all set to be used by the crypto enthusiasts in the form of Dash wallet. The fundamental objective behind this service is providing a secured storage space for the 15th most valuable cryptocurrency. With the onset of this new facility, Dash [DASH] tokens can be easily transacted from the well-advanced Trust mobile wallet. Dash functions as a peer-to-peer, open source digital currency with an aim to compete with the most popular crypto in the market, Bitcoin. It also attempts to gain its foot in the payment industry and attain a user-friendly status. With minimal fees involved in the transaction process, the altcoin can be freely and securely be spent online and by the individuals, themselves. In this decentralised ledger powered virtual currency, the blockchain maintains its security through the consensus mechanism, dubbed as, the Proof of Work (PoW). Both, Bitcoin and Dash employ this mechanism, however, differing at one point as Dash functions in ... read more2 hours ago
- Binance’s New Fiat-Crypto Exchange Receiving Overwhelming Response: CEO Changpeng ZhaoBinance new fiat exchange caters to European markets with Buy/Sell Bitcoin and Ethereum with Pounds and Euros option The new exchange receives overwhelming registration requests Binance CEO: “One thing we do “well” is underestimating ourselves & market” Launched in 2017, Binance is currently the number one crypto exchange with a market cap of $659 million as per the data provided by Coinmarketcap. With 415 markets available for trading, Binance has now launched its services for the European markets as well. Yesterday, the new exchange, Binance.je was launched on the island of Jersey (a British self-governing dependency) that is offering four trading pairs for now viz. BTC/EUR, BTC/GBP, ETH/EUR, and ETH/GBP. For choosing Jersey for the exchange launch, Wei Zhou, the chief financial officer at Binance stated, “Binance selected Jersey for its highly developed digital infrastructure, robust regulatory framework, and world-class financial services sector.” Binance’s expansion into Europe has brought a lot of excitement in the crypto community which is further evident from the fact that within a day of launch, the exchange has received enormous registration requests according to Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao who took to Twitter to share,
https://t.co/THxfdd3RD2 is overwhelmed with registrations. There is ... read more2 hours ago
- Ripple says Confusion on Crypto related law is the only thing holding back Mass AdoptionRyan Zagone, Ripple’s director of regulatory relations just spoke at Washington, DC’s Fintech Week, and he addressed something that is on a lot of people’s mind in the cryptocurrency space. He said that the uncertainty surrounding cryptocurrency regulations is what’s keeping major financial institutions around the world from using XRP. In Zagone’s eyes, Ripple’s technology already provides everything their customers demand and that XRP will expedite processes and make transactions more efficient. “The challenge for adoption comes back to policy. The policy uncertainty around some of the assets has limited adoption, particularly here in the US. And I’m speaking from Ripple and XRP, because we use that asset because it’s a half a cent per payment. It’s basically free. It scales. And it’s efficient, with 1,500 transactions per second and nearly no energy burn. So we’re at a point today where there are real solutions to all of these challenges that already exist.” Zagone says the first step is treating XRP the same as ETH and BTC. This would mean declaring that XRP is not a security. The US SEC has already declared that Bitcoin is not a security, and the Director of Corporation Finance, William Hinman said ... read more2 hours ago
- Augur Price shoots by 50% following Veil Platform LaunchCryptocurrency markets have not witnessed much growth in the past week, since the last dump. Only one or two coins have made big moves and a major one being Augur. It has risen over 50% in past 18 hours. Augur is a prediction market protocol built on Ethereum. To help the platform gain more traction and make it mainstream a new platform Veil has been recently launched. Interestingly, it is driving massive trading rally for REP, Augur’s token today.
Veil is LIVE on Mainnet! Start trading now at https://t.co/tVBiX8jaM6. Or sign up for an account at https://t.co/GV8PrLvR0j.https://t.co/EOdj1O6kd7 — Veil (@veil) January 15, 2019 The company blog claims- “We foresee a not-so-distant future where millions of people create and trade in millions of markets. And we’re thrilled to finally launch Veil on Mainnet and bring that future just a little closer,” The platform is operated by Veil International Ltd, a Cayman Islands company, but it not available to users in the United States, Cuba, Syria, North Korea or any area with restrictive crypto trading laws. Also Read: BitGo & Genesis Trading Synergy to help ... read more3 hours ago
- Bitpay Records $1 Billion in Transactions in 2018The company supports payments with BTC, BCH, USDC, GUSD, and PAX. ... read more3 hours ago
- South Korea Examines Blockchain Implications in MilitaryThe South Korean government has started to examine the use-cases of Blockchain Technology in its military projects. A team has been set up to look for different possibilities of integrating blockchain solutions into the defense industry. The Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) has proposed a plan for encouraging both small and large project tenders based on the blockchain, and provide an initial fund of $53,000 to each of them. South Korea isn’t the first country to propose Blockchain solutions for its military projects, earlier United States and Russia also instigated various blockchain based military strategies, especially in the military communication sector, proving the importance and adoption level of the Technology has peaked new highs. South Korea Moving Near the Fourth Industrial Revolution With Blockchain British news outlet Jane’s Information Group, a British publishing company specializing in military, aerospace and various defense-related topics, has commented on the latest developments in South Korea, calling the military project proposals in line with South Korea’s Fourth industrial revolution Recently, the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the US agency responsible for the research and development of emerging technologies for the use of military has sent out a Request for information (RFI), to find some ... read more3 hours ago
- Ripple Targets Mainstream Adoption And Needs US Regulators To Provide More Clarity For XRPRipple is struggling for XRP adoption, and they know what's the main ingredient missing for this to happen already. Ripple’s director of regulatory relations says that uncertain policy is the only thing that’s keeping Ripple’s digital asset from mainstream adoption by the US banks and financial institutions. XRP needs more clarity from the US regulators During the Fintech Week in Washington, DC, Ryan Zagone said XRP needs more clarity to be able to evolve more. “The challenge for adoption comes back to policy. The policy uncertainty around some of the assets has limited adoption, particularly here in the US,” he said. He continued and explained “And I’m speaking from Ripple and XRP, because we use that asset because it’s a half a cent per payment. It’s basically free. It scales. And it’s efficient, with 1,500 transactions per second and nearly no energy burn.” XRP should be treated like BTC and ETH Zagone said that the US regulators should be treating XRP exactly the same way they treated Bitcoin and Etehreum. He said that the policy certainty in the US exists for BTC and ETH despite the fact that these platforms are controlled from China. He says that XRP is ... read more3 hours ago
- Binance Freezes a Part of $3.6 Million Cryptopia Stolen FundsBinance has succeeded in freezing some of the funds that were stolen from Cryptopia during the high-profile hack. As per the estimates, the security breach has caused Cryptopia to lose at least $2.4 million worth of Ethereum and also moved roughly $1.2 million worth of Centrality (CENNZ) and other tokens. The move to freeze the funds was announced by Binance chief Changpeng Zhao through his twitter handle. Zhao reportedly questioned why attackers keep sending the stolen funds to Binance, given that word quickly spreads and the crypto exchange is not shy about halting the flow of stolen funds.
Just checked, we were able to freeze some of the funds. I don't understand why the hackers keep sending to Binance. Social media will be pretty fast to report it, and we will freeze it. It's a high risk maneuver for them. https://t.co/i0PeahLzic — CZ Binance (@cz_binance) January 16, 2019 As a part of the process, hackers reportedly sent 31,320 Metal (MTL) ERC20 tokens to Binance which was trading at $0.25 at the press time, which roughly stands around $7,800. After receiving a tip-off on Twitter, Binance immediately froze the funds. Its still unclear, who was behind the hack and why there is a ... read more3 hours ago
- Is NEO Coin Mineable?So-called “Chinese Ethereum” NEO has garnered a great deal of popularity in the crypto market so many if you may be wondering how to acquire some NEO coins. If you are crypto miner, perhaps you are confused thinking: “are NEO Coins mineable?” If you are a crypto newbie you are probably confused why such a question about a crypto coin would arise in the first place. All cryptocurrencies must be mined, that is all crypto coins are mineable. Right? WRONG. Mineable Vs. Unmineable (Pre-Mined) Coins: What’s The Big Difference? Let us know see what these two types of coins are, to begin with and what the main difference between them is. You May Also Read: Cryptocurrency Mining and Trading- Which is More Profitable in 2019? Mineable coins like Bitcoin can be mined by validating blocks by crypto miners adept at it. Most coins in the market in fact work that way. For many of them, there is a supply hard cap (like 21 million for Bitcoin) within which the supply is restricted. But at any given point, the circulating supply also depends on how many Bitcoins have been mined. While not all mineable coins may not have a hard cap ... read more3 hours ago
- Binance Freezes Stolen Funds from The Cryptopia HackA portion of the hacked Cryptopiafunds were routed by the hackers to the Binance cryptocurrency exchange. These funds have been frozen by Binance. ... read more3 hours ago
- Litecoin [LTC], Stellar Lumens [XLM] fall down the top-10 list as Tether [USDT] makes it to sixth positionThe cryptocurrency market has been going through a rough time after a small bullish run last week. A majority of the major coins have fallen, at the time of press. Litecoin [LTC] and Stellar Lumens [XLM] have slipped down the top-10 list following the fall. LTC and XLM have been fighting for the sixth position on the CoinMarketCap list for a long time, and finally have settled on the eighth and the seventh positions, respectively. Tether [USDT], the stable coin, now rests on the sixth position. Source: CoinMarketCap At the time of press, LTC was valued at $31.3, with a market cap of $1.8 billion. The coin reported a 24-hour trade volume of $532 million, with a fall of 0.50% over the past hour. The coin has been falling since the past few days as it registered a dip of 16.75% in the past seven days, while registering a minimal recovery of 0.20% in an hour. LTC was highly traded on OKEx, as it reported a volume of $49 million with the LTC/BTC. OKEx was followed by ZB.COM, which registered a trading volume of $46 million with the LTC/USDT pair. The third place was taken by DOBI Exchange, as it noted a ... read more3 hours ago
- Seoul Authorities To Apply Blockchain In Competitive ProceduresThe authorities of the administrative district Yeongdeungpo-gu, located in the South Korea capital, decided to apply blockchain technology for competitive procedures, Cointelegraph reports referring to the local information agency Newsis. With the help of blockchain, the south-west administrative district of Seoul intends to increase the transparency of its actions during municipal tenders for the provision of various services. Distributed ledger technology will help to improve the system of evaluation of different tender offers and to avoid possible falsifications of data when choosing organizations offering public services. The blockchain-based system will be used in the district in 2019, and afterward in other municipalities. The authorities of the Yeongdeungpo-gu district announced the creation of this blockchain system in July 2018. They had been persistently developing it and have finally succeeded. In October 2018, the Seoul authorities announced the allocation of $53 million for the creation of a blockchain complex involving the implementation and promotion of innovative technologies from 2018 to 2022. To support innovative solutions, in early 2019, the South Korean Ministry of Strategy and Finance added blockchain technology to the field of research and development eligible for tax deductions. As previously reported, the possibility of using ... read more3 hours ago
- Silk Road’s Ross Ulbricht Moved to Another High Security PrisonRoss Ulbricht has been transferred to a new prison. This time to USP Tucson, yet another high security prison where he will be locked up likely alongside fewer murderers and hardcore gang members than previously. Ross Ulbricht Moved Again But more sex offenders owing to the prison’s Sex Offender Management Program; this could make it a safer place compared to a regular high security prison. Ulbricht is in the process of serving a double life sentence as well as another forty years without a chance of parole. Since the whole process started, Ulbricht has been through different prisons, but the current one had been recommended second by Judge Katherine Bolan Forrest, who oversaw the case. The first recommendation was reportedly FCI Petersburg; a medium security system, which granted him a safer environment for his life sentence. Ross Ulbricht writing in prison Ulbricht was first kept during his trial at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York. Right after his sentence was given in July 2017, he was moved to USP Florence High in Colorado – known as the ‘Alcatraz of the Rockies’ – where he stayed until he was moved to ... read more3 hours ago
- CoinGecko Releases Their 2018 Full Year Crypto Report: Market Dynamics, ICO Insights, dApps, Securities And MoreCoinGecko is a crypto market ranking chart app that ranks digital currencies by developer activity, community, and liquidity. They began 2019 by continuing their hard work to enhance the platform and add extended functionalities. At the time being, CoinGecko proudly announces the whole crypto community that they just released the 2018 Full Year Crypto Report featuring various interesting pages with the most exciting crypto insights. The team behind CoinGecko has worked with really significant names in the industry in order to be able to come out with this complex report. These names include Masternodes.Online, Dapp.com, TokenMarket and NonFungible.com. 2018 Full Year Crypto Report – Market Dynamics CoinGecko addressed the not so fortunate year for the crypto industry, as 2018 was almost completely embraced by a lingering bearish trend. “The market capitalization of the top-30 coins fell on average 78.85% in 2018,” they note in the official blog post. It seems that as the crypto market fell throughout the year, investors moved towards Bitcoin, because BTC dominance went from 40% to more than 55% by the end of 2018, according to CoinGecko’s report. ICO Insights ICOs have been struggling to raise funds, as the crypto prices were reaching the all-time ... read more3 hours ago
- Ethereum Consensus Shift Could Delay Any Derivatives ProductsThe biggest thing on the launch pad this year is the Bakkt crypto exchange which is currently in a holding pattern while US government employees twiddle their thumbs during Trump’s shutdown. Several other contenders are hopeful about Ethereum futures but according to one crypto exchange boss they are unlikely to be seen soon. Regulatory Concerns Mounting According to Paul Chou, chief executive officer of LedgerX, odds of an Ethereum derivative product launching in 2019 are 50-50 at best. The company is one of several which already have Ethereum options ready to trade. But just like Bakkt it is currently in the queue waiting for the CFTC to wake up from the prolonged government shutdown. According to The Block regulators still don’t really understand Ethereum and are waiting for a ‘request for input’ which solicits information from market participants; “The RFI seeks to understand similarities and distinctions between certain virtual currencies, including here ether and bitcoin, as well as ether-specific opportunities, challenges, and risks,” In addition to LedgerX are ErisX and Seed CX which also have Ethereum based derivatives on offer. CBoE Global Markets, which was one of the first to get Bitcoin futures off the ground in late 2017, also ... read more3 hours ago
- BitGo Teams Up To Compete The Largest Crypto ExchangesRecently, there was an announcement by BitGo custody platform to open up a new offering for their clients. Now, the customers can trade crypto through their BitGo account without any need to use any crypto exchanges. Genesis Trading seems a part of this agreement is said to execute trades representing BitGo for its clients. Moreover, the BitGo users need to go to Genesis accounts for using this service. During an interview, the CEO at Genesis Trading, Michael Moro talks about this new offering. He says that it is a novel inasmuch as it let clients trade their crypto without any requirement to shuffle their coins between cold storage and offline, which seems more secure. Also, he adds: BitGo clients, traditionally, would have to put the coins onto an exchange. Genesis provides the quote, BitGo turns around and they can effectively segregate the coins and then send it to Genesis and since we have a wallet at BitGo they are never leaving their systems. The head managing the products at BitGo, Tracy Olsen mentions about institutional clients’ interest boost up while they hear out regarding this new service. Moreover, they are looking forward to keeping their funds within this ... read more3 hours ago
- USDC gets proof of funds approval, attestation report confirms USD backed coinsCircle have announced that their USD backed stable coin, USDC has completed another attestation report confirming that it has the funds in USD to back the USD Coin. Proof of funds appeared to be one of the major issues customers had when using Tether (USDT). Since then, several stable coins have appeared in order to stabilize the market. One of them is Circle's USD Coin (USDC). In a recent announcement, Circle announced that their third attestation report had been completed. The report confirms that independent account firm Grant Thornton LLP. successfully audited the funds and confirmed that 251,211,148 USDC have been issued and outstanding, while there is $251,211,209 US in custody. Therefore the amount of USD Coins totals the amount of fiat currency being held by Circle. Also Read: Does Tether really have $1.8 Billion back up funds? New report casts doubts Circle will be doing monthly audits on their digital currency to prove that funds match the assets. This is something Tether had failed to maintain up front causing speculation as to whether the USDT was actually backed by fiat or not.
Independent accounting firm Grant Thornton LLP issues attestation report on US Dollar reserves backing USD Coin ... read more3 hours ago
- Crypto Communities – How Valuable Are They?There seems to be some disillusionment about Crypto and Community or to put it more succinctly, “Crypto Community” in the wake of historical events of the past year. 2018 was notorious for ICO failures, ponzi scams, false hype, and FUD. Some are saying Crypto has an ethics problem. More to the point, it could be said it’s some people within the crypto space that have an ethics problem. Just as we’ve seen in the “real world” of fiat currency, banks, governments, and entrepreneurial shysters. For decades this game of greed has been played out leaving scores of victims. We have seen the profiteering with this nascent industry at the misfortune of others. Also, startups have been too quick to launch an idea with no real thought or products to underpin it. The idea that the larger their community the more valuable the coin does nothing for sustainability. With that mindset and no real product, gives rise to pump and dump scenarios which result in the coin losing value, and rarely, if at all, recovers. Airdrops have been initiated to increase awareness and customer base only to find the majority dump their coins at the first available opportunity. Some of it’s ... read more3 hours ago
- WordPress To Launch Blockchain Platform For News WebsitesThe WordPress platform experts announced the implementation of a pilot blockchain project Newspack which will be available for small and medium-sized news agencies, as follows from the press release. Many large companies have already supported WordPress and invested $2.4 million in it. For instance, Google contributed $1.2 million, Lenfest Institute for Journalism invested $400,000, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation — $250,000, and ConsenSys — $350,000. It is assumed that other organizations will support the project financially too. A ConsenSys expert reported that the Newspack blockchain will be available to interested parties via the Publisher solution developed by the Civil Media startup. The product will help the platform users to archive content. The closed beta-tests of Newspack are to start in summer 2019 and will continue until early 2020. Afterward, the access to the platform will be granted to about 60 news outlets, a monthly fee for using Newspack will range from $1000 to $2000. The project authors have not specified yet what functions set will be available to clients, but they declare that the platform will present the best practices used in mass media. Over the last 15 years, WordPress became the most popular publishing ... read more3 hours ago
- Binance Enters European Markets by Launching Binance Jersey1 2 3 … 720 Next »Binance is expanding in European markets with the launch of Binance Jersey, a fiat-to-crypto trading platform ... read more3 hours ago
- Bitpay Records $1 Billion in Transactions in 2018